Tuesday, February 8, 2011

V says "Vvvvv" . . . and V says "Vvvvv"

Well, I rinsed off the garbanzo bean before I gave it to the baby. It was spicier than I remember, and spicey spices for a baby makes for an achy belly for baby and terrible clean-up time for you and me. It's probably needless to say that he didn't like the garbanzo bean. And we didn't make cabbage. I'm sure he was disappointed.

On a funnier note, check out this News in Photos from the Onion: http://www.theonion.com/articles/4yearolds-idea-of-barbie-ken-marriage-involves-lot,9912/

If only we could have those ideas about love and marriage for a little longer. Big Brother A just had a field trip to the Robert Crown Center a few weeks ago. If you didn't take a mandatory field trip there in 5th grade, consider yourself blessed. This is a necessary, but horrifying experience for the young kids. They go to learn about sex education, STD's, the dangers of smoking and drugs, etc. I don't remember my experience very clearly, but I do remember it was a lot of the same info we learned in class, but delivered with IMAX-like visuals. It was like a twisted ride at Disney World; sitting in pods and staring at huge screens. The seats lock you in and force you to watch. I'm sure Brother A felt like Alex in A Clockwork Orange.

Brother A had been dreading this field trip since I started working with them in October. The more he dreaded it the more excited I became for him to go. I'm not sure why it amused me so much. I imagine its probably akin to the joy grandparents feel when their grandchildren stress out the parents. When Big A got home that day, he walked into the door, dropped his huge backpack on the floor and without looking at me, informed me that he wasn't hungry for a snack. His dad tried to ask how long the bus ride was, and the poor kid was so disgusted from his experience he interrupted his dad with "I don't want to talk about it!" We left it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment