Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Garlic Chili and Shel Silverstein

You may be thinking "How are Garlic Chili and Shel Silverstein related?" They're not, really. I just wanted to let you know a little about Big Brothers B and C.

Triple B is 9 years old and in 3rd grade. He is the food connoisseur of the family. He is the pickiest, but the hungriest food lover in the family. I try to cook them delicious food as often as possible. The parents don't make me, but I LOVE to cook and their kitchen is HOOKED UP! Right now, I've got Garlic Chile simmering on the stove. This one was submitted by B last year for his school's cook book, and a family favorite. The recipe is as follows:

2-3 lb. ground beef
1 can chicken broth
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can of spicy chili beans
2-3 heaping tsp. of chopped garlic
1/4 c. chili powder
(chili or habanero peppers optional)

I hope it tastes like their mamma's!

Big Brother C is in first grade (6 years old) and a top reader. He can read the same stuff as B, but a little slower. Lately he's been addicted to Shel Silverstein and we've been reading his poems every day after school. This is so fun for me, I really love his poems and accompanying drawings. We've been reading Falling Up, but I remember enjoying Where the Sidewalk Ends much more.

I remember having to perform some of his poems for visiting seniors when I was in third grade. I'm not sure which poem I performed solo, but I did help on another poem with a few other kids. And I volunteered to make the giant Anteater. I think I did that because I kind of liked one of the boys in the group. Most likely no one else wanted to make it and I am a pushover. I think that book is in a closet upstairs . . . I want to find it before the boys get home from school.

Side note** Baby V can't stop saying "mama" and "dada" today. But mostly "mama." I think he misses someone <3

No comments:

Post a Comment