Thursday, March 10, 2011

Walkin' and Talkin'

I know I haven't been keeping up with Nanny News like I'd hoped to, so let me catch ya'll up. Baby V is a toddler now. Through and through. (but he'll always be Baby V to me!)

He walks and talks!!! The walking is wonderful and scary. Wonderful because he's growing and excited about it, and scary because you can't hear him coming and he's got further to fall. He gave me a heart attack a few weeks ago. It was quiet and I was folding laundry in the kitchen when I saw something moving out of the corner of my eye. Something two feet tall was walking up beside me! For a split second it felt like a haunting, but when I turned around it was the sweetest baby walking up with a huge, proud smile on his face!

He started to mimic sounds a few months ago, but now he's really got it down and making words. When he's eating something good at lunch, you'll hear "nyum nyum nyum." He tries to say "vroom vroom" when we play with cars and just 16 minutes ago, when we were heading upstairs for his afternoon nap, he waved goodbye and repeated "nigh nigh, nigh nigh" (night night).

It's time to watch our language folks. No more of Spongebob's "sentence enhancers."

No comments:

Post a Comment