Monday, May 23, 2011

The Kids Make Dinner!

It worked out wonderfully and Ash's dinner was a hit. I must admit, I was worried he would run out of steam and leave me to cook it. But he was there for every course; he even came home early from playing with his friends to put it together.

The pasta was very good. It had a yogurt and ricotta cheese sauce with celery salt and poppy seeds in there. It was very fresh tasting. Good choice for warmer weather.

The homemade mozzarella sticks were a little gift from heaven, as was the double fudge chocolate cake! As I was taking my first bite, Bryce says to me, "Prepare to be amazed!" I'm glad he prepared me, because that first bite was so delicious, I might have fallen out of my chair.

Bryce also put on music during dinner which was the best idea. This meal really brought us together. I love cooking with them. Here are a few pics of our experience:


The Process

Mozz sticks and Russian Poppy Seed Pasta


Double Fudge Chocolate Cake!

2 comments:

  1. Teaching the kiddies to cook. Good for you. What a fun way to spend time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food is my favorite way to share and bond together, so I put a lot of effort into dinner to make is special. It meant a lot to me when Ash wanted to cook. And he did a great job!

    ReplyDelete