Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there. I wanted to share my delicious, fashion-infused, spiritually uplifting afternoon with my gramma and momma and thank all the moms out there who are wells of love and patience to us darn kids.

The pictures that follow show the English Tea Buffet which included various fancy yummy teas with cubed sugar, little hat petifores, a tea kettle cake, tiny sandwiches (lobster salad on croissant, chicken salad on Ezekiel Raisin Bread, cucumber and goat cheese on white bread, egg salad with asparagus on wheat bread, cold cut on rye with chutney), mini scones, date nut bread, mini mango cheesecakes, Orzo salad on spoons. 

You will also see the amazing table decorations! There were between 8 and 10 tables competing for best design. My mom and her girfriend from church did one too!

What you won't see is the Vintage Hat fashion show, a sermon by a female guest speaker, and the interpretive dance. The dance was the best. A ten year old girl performed a dance to a beautiful gospel song. She was out there with her black ballerina outfit on and little bun on her head. She was beautiful to watch and her movements were so expressive.

Mom, I'm sorry you took me to dance rehearsals, put taps on my shoes, bought me the outfit, and I quit right before the recital. I bet you were furious. I love you!

Little hat petifores

Tea kettle cake

Mini mango cheesecakes and date nut bread


Sandwiches





2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed everything as much as we enjoyed having time with you. You are a precious child! What a blessing you are to me and everyone you meet!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a blessing to me too, thanks a bunch for helping with dinner this past Sunday Gabby. Your grape salad was the bomb as well as your asparagus. Mmmm...
    Diane

    ReplyDelete